About the Center
Welcome to The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center is at the heart of the LGBT community in New York City, providing quality health and wellness programs in a welcoming space that fosters connections and celebrates our cultural contributions. The Center provides a secure place to come together and plan, share knowledge and expertise, and to shape our future as a vibrant community in New York and around the world.
The Center was founded in 1983, and as we celebrate our 30th anniversary we are proud to announce the unveiling of our new brand identity and the commencement of a transformational building enhancement project.
This identity captures the essence of our position as a powerful and bold force in our united community. It allows us to effectively communicate the multitude of health, youth, family, community and meeting services that we provide and support on a daily basis. It also creates a solid foundation for The Center’s continued growth.
In response to the evolving needs of our community, The Center is embarking on a multi-stage renovation that will transform our space into a modern facility designed to welcome the more than 6,000 people who pass through our doors every week. Find out more about this project at gaycenter.org/buildingforyou.
We invite you to explore the Center both online and in person!
- Visit & Contact Us: Come to 208 W. 13th Street or contact us by phone,e-mail or fax
- Mission: Learn about our mission
- History: Our Story
- Center Happenings: Stories about the critical services we provide to address the needs of our diverse community
- Board of Directors: Our Board guides our long-term vision and planning
- Staff: Meet the staff that keeps our building open 365 days a year
- Employment Opportunities: Find employment and internships at the Center
- Center Video: Video about the Center
- Events Happening: Find out what's happening today
- Groups and Services: Seek a group and explore our services
- E-newsletters: Subscribe to our newsletter
- Print Newsletters: Don't like e-newsletters? Download our print newsletter
- Annual Reports: Read our financial statements
- Meeting & Conference Services: A place for your group to meet