Center Renovation Update
Spring 2015 – Our Final Update
As the warmer weather settles in, we are thrilled to provide our final construction update!
Replacement of most of interior doors is well underway, as is the renovation of the garden. New bluestone pavers have been laid, to be followed by new lights and planting beds with irrigation. The old gate to the street will be replaced with a new one in June, opening the garden space to views from 13th Street.
It’s hard to believe we began the renovation process almost two years ago. It’s been an exhilarating experience, and all of us at The Center are grateful for the support and patience of everyone in the community. Thank you!
January 21, 2015
While major construction work is winding down, our contractors are deployed in many areas of the building, most noticeably in the lobby. Access to some meeting rooms remains limited, and finding your way around the building can be an adventure. But rest assured, the end is near. We appreciate everyone’s continued patience as we reach the finish line, and hope to see you at our February 3 ribbon cutting and relaunch celebration from 6:30-8:30 p.m.! Please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 30.
General Renovation Information
Beginning with ground-breaking in 2013, the 14-month long construction plan that will continue through 2014 will include the following improvements:
- The lobby will be expanded and refurbished to create a more welcoming and user-friendly space, featuring a café, a revamped David Bohnett Cyber Center and new front doors.
- The Center's largest meeting spaces—the third-floor Lerner Auditorium and the ground-floor Kaplan Assembly Hall—will be renovated and outfitted with modernized audio/visual equipment, lighting and other capabilities, making them ideal for hosting special events.
- The elevator cab and controls will be upgraded.
- Our hidden garden will be repaved and feature seating and lighting to encourage conversation and connection, while a new street-facing gate will invite visitors.
- Public corridors and meeting rooms will be updated with new floors and lighting, and additional public meeting rooms will be added to the inventory of available space.
- The library will be relocated and updated, and house the Center archive.
Donate today to support the renovation!