|See upcoming health events at Center Calendar: Health|
|Call us at 646-556-9300|
Fax us at 646-486-9381
Sign up for the Center CARE Health Calendar E-newsletter, and get quarterly updates about our programs and services!
Center Counseling Services
CENTER COUNSELING SERVICES
Counseling services are an integral part of Center Recovery and Wellness services, the adult mental health and social services programs at the LGBT Community Center.
Center counseling services aims to offer affirming one-on-one counseling to help LGBT-identified people reduce isolation and stigma; learn healthy relationship skills; get support handling HIV, substance use, bereavement, anxiety and depression; explore their sexual orientation and gender identity; and connect with others who share similar concerns in a safe and affirming environment. Counselors can help you address concerns regarding:
- Alcohol and other drug use
- Smoking cessation
- Coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people
- HIV and AIDS prevention and education
- Living with HIV and AIDS, including case-management
- Gender exploration, transgender and gender identity concerns
- Mental health
- Cancer support for lesbian, bisexual women, and transgender men and women