Rodney Christopher Papers
Gift of Rodney Christopher in 2014.
Copyright remains with Mr. Christopher until his decease. Upon which time the rights go to The Center.
Scope and Content
The collection includes Rodney Christopher’s undergraduate thesis, “The Sociopolitical Movement of African-American Gay Men.” The collection also includes Christopher’s research notes, interviews, and, pamphlets from contemporary movements that contributed to his thesis.
History or Bio
Rodney Christopher was an undergraduate student at Simon’s Rock of Bard College. He completed a thesis entitled, The Sociopolitical Movement of African-American Gay Men. In this thesis Christopher notes how the African-American community gained group-consciousness of the Gay People of Color movement. Christopher also discusses the organizations that contributed to that same movement.
1. Rodney Christopher- GLAAD [Flyers, Pamphlets, Correspondence with Christopher, Report on Summer Internship at GLAAD, Records from GLAAD]
2. Rodney [Christopher]’s Research Notes [Disclosure forms, Flyers, Copy of References in Alphabetical Order, Drafts of Thesis Chapters]
3. Interviews for Research [Notes and Transcriptions from Interviews]
4. Gay and Lesbian People of Color [Pamphlets, Correspondence with Christopher, Flyers, and, Newsletters]
5. Gay and Lesbian People of Color 2 [Pamphlets, Records, and Newsletters]
6. Gay People of Color [Pamphlets, Flyers, Records, and, Newsletters]
7. Gay Men of Color [Newsletters, Pamphlets, Flyers, and, Correspondence with Christopher]
8. Gay Men of African Descent [Newsletters, Pamphlets, and, Flyers]
9. Ebony Connection [Pamphlets]
10. Black and White Men Together [Correspondence with Christopher and newsletters