Gay and Lesbian Emergency Fund
This collection was donated by Tom Burrows, one of the founding members of this organization.
Scope and Content
The collection holds bank statements from two banks and a number of organizational materials concerning the operation of the organization. It also includes the names of the funding sources the organization used to underwrite the monies it distributed to persons in need of help.
History or Bio
This organization was formed to provide financial and other assistance to victims of anti-gay bias crimes. The organization had no members, it was governed by a Board of Directors. It held onto and collected monies and other resources to be used and distributed by the Directors under conditions specified in the By – Laws of the organization.
1. [Amalgamated Bank Statements]
2. [Manufactures Hanover Trust Statements (2) two different accounts]
3. [Public Development Corporation contract]
4. [Treasurers reports, copy of the By – Laws]
5. [Community Board # 2 Archives Fund]
6. [Gay & Lesbian Emergency Fund minutes, etc.]
7. Stationary (emergency fund) GLEF
8. [GLEF Minutes, By – Laws draft, Sub – committee reports, IRS.]